[D-G] Varela/Stengers : enaction /environment

.Sylvia_Jenepi. sylvia_jenepi at brokenvessels.xyz
Fri May 28 16:00:20 PDT 2021

i am never sure about this concept of « subjectivity » from Guattari

i find this very fuzzy.

singularity as a degree of power in eternity, which can grow, or
dicrease, i dig.

subjectivity to me seem to imply in the root of the word,

  a « subjection » to a higher power.

ok, that's possible.

its a substantive, derived from the passive form of an action verb:

to subjugate.

so Guattari implies its affirmative of a power of the entity which is
subjugated,

to « exist » in spite of being subjugated.

Stengers made a criticism of « tolerance » in Cosmopolitics .

its the same approach than Guattari nevertheless:

you keep at bay, at distance (from your own knowledge power of
Philosopher)

the entity, which is allowed to have a « subjectivity ».

this is what Stengers calls in Invention des Sciences Modernes (1995)

: the difference between the second world, of subjectivity, emotion,
existence,

and the third world, of « signifier manipulators » ie. the scientists,
the philosophers, who only have authority of thinking, by engaging in
this « risk »

of belonging to the realm of knowledge. i am questioning this realm, as
a reason: i am questioning the need for an autonomous intelligence (see
previous email)

i think autonomous intelligence is a poison.

we are engaging people in the Navy Space Force who fight with their
lives against the poison of artificial intelligence, which spreads
across galaxies, like mushroom, killing systematically the people of
have generated the possibility of this AI

anyway, the word « subjectivity », in guattari or in stengers, only
drift from this autonomous intelligence, this lack of « nietzscean » if
you want to say, assertion of existence, by intelligence itself: how
intelligence only itself exists and increases its capacity of existance,
as a means to something superior, an « artistic » faculty

autonomous intelligence, mushroom of third world Popper realm, needs to
be supervised by the artistic realm.

by artistic realm i am not intending to say that « the artists » would
have the intelligence of the autonomous intelligence, i am saying that
enaction, the connection of intelligence with the environment of the
singular degree of power who thinks and uses intelligence, should be the
base of the affirmation of the power of the singular, of it belonging
both to the two realms: the environment, and the thinking intelligence:
in this belonging to two realms, the singular gains power to transform
both the environment, and thinking habits, it becomes capable to

take back control of what « subjugates » the entities that guattari and
stengers mistake as « subjectivities » , entities who independently
from any « aesthetical paradigm » learn each from its own constituency
the sovereignty of the «  artistic » faculty.

trust the singular entities. do not label them as « subjectivity »
opposed to autonomous knowledge. all entities degrees of power, within
the womb matrix of the universe, learn to appropriate (is this
existential territory?) the boundaries between each other.

regards,

Sylvia