[D-G] vers l'impuissance de Gilles Deleuze

Dewey Dell dewey.dell5 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 10:41:16 PST 2020

Dewey Dell <https://www.facebook.com/dewey.dell.5> Ed Leenders
<https://www.facebook.com/ed.leenders.5?hc_location=ufi> Do you know where
does the concepts: "power of affect" or "power of being affected" come
from? I have crossed it in a recent nietzscean preface to The Sophist by
Plato. Is this not a somwhat approximate way of talking?

Ed Leenders <https://www.facebook.com/ed.leenders.5>
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/129905300429437/badge_member_list/?badge_type=VISUAL_STORYTELLER>
 Dewey Dell <https://www.facebook.com/dewey.dell.5?hc_location=ufi> ‘De
Origine et Natura Affectuum’ or ‘On the origin and Nature of the affects’
is the name of chapter three in Spinoza’s Ethics.
Chapter four has the name ‘De Servitude Humana, seu de Affectuum Viribus’
or ‘Of Human Bondage, or of the Strength of the affects.  (etc... : see
facebook deleuze and guattari group 13/02/2020)

Dewey Dell <https://www.facebook.com/dewey.dell.5> Ed Leenders
<https://www.facebook.com/ed.leenders.5?hc_location=ufi> thank you Ed, a
good thing to read Spinoza in English. i phrased it wrong: i meant 'power
to affect' (not 'of affect') (puissance d'affecter et puissance d'être
affecté). It is in Spinoza a geometry and the latter often should be
grasped not by following an author but by imagination as in book 2 lemmes
etc. Deleuze writes too fast and uses for that, approximative expression,
such as ' a power to affect' or 'to be affected' : too conceptual. To
answer my own previous question, I think Deleuze did a blend of
words/concepts from Spinoza and concepts/words from Nietzsche. the word
'puissance' comes from Nietzsche. The chapter in Philosophie Pratique is an
effort to rejuvenate Spinoza for Deleuze students. Deleuze will come back
in later stages of his philosophy (CC) in a desesperate research towards
new modes of expressions (the virtual/actual last essay).