[D-G] D&G on Brexit

Mike Lansing badger2 at mail2world.com
Sat Jan 26 16:55:39 PST 2019

'Do we have to wait for global political transformations before
undertaking molecular revolutions that will converge on changing
mentalities? We find ourselves in a doubly difficult situation: on one
hand, society, politics and the economy cannot be changed without a
mutation of mentalities; but, on the other hand, mentalities can only
be truly changed if global society follows a movement of
transformation. The social experimentation on the grand scale that we
are advocating will constitute one of the means of escaping from this
contradiction.
On the Materials of Dance

Translator: What impressed me was what Min-san said about imaging the
wind during the first "pushing discussion."

Guattari: The same holds true with me. But how can I put it? Is there
anything more deterritorialized?'
>From his period of gestural abstraction to his ka-cho-gu-getsu turn,
Imai has affirmed himself as a painter of chaosmosis. The categories of
von Weizsacker' may 'modulate the pathic subject'; whereas a more
orthodox analysts's so-called objective view would affirm the ontic.
This is quite unlike a schizoanalyst, who lives pathically with his
patients' passages into world-making and by submersion into them can
'claim pathic access to the chaosmotic thing.' '
(Guattari, Machinic Eros: Writings on Japan)