[D-G] Deleuze and Guattari on Brexit

Mike Lansing badger2 at mail2world.com
Mon Jan 7 08:51:12 PST 2019

Gulen's movement is to meld church and state via sharia law. Here one
think of xian Democrats in Italy, or Badiou's "underside of law, the
non-law within law," so Gulen's presence in Pennsylvania does matter
just as Islamic immigrants matter in Europe. D&G have much more to say
about the Gulen-style Colonizer in AO and ATP, and Gulen's refugia real
estate was presupposed in Guattari's Schizoanalytic Cartographies,
Figure 1.4. If you have opened to page 32, you can see the diagram: '
stratified flows<--------> splitting of the self <-------> territorial
refuges for the repressed.' Gulen's Pennsylvania hideout may not remain
a refuge if he is deported.

The tricky part of it concerns U.S. troop withdrawal from Syria: Turkey
vs. Kurds, the latter being U.S. allies against ISIS, though Turkey
accuses Gulenists of aligning with Kurdish against the Turkish state.
In Paul Klebnikov's Razgovor s varvarom (Conversations with a
Barbarian), the radical Chechen islamist Nukhaev describes his project
as "state-building." This church-and-state copulation is Gulen's modus
operandi, reminiscent of the Colonizer in Creek territory. The
contradiction is that Deleuze and Guattari think that the State always
arises already fully formed.