[D-G] what about microglial pruning of the System in 2017 ?

Mike Lansing badger2 at mail2world.com
Tue May 9 11:50:23 PDT 2017

'GDNF (glial derived neurotrophic factor) levels in the midbrain appear
to be reduced in Parkinson's disease patients. As GDNF was first
identified as a survival and differentiation factor for midbrain
dopaminergic neurons, this suggests that alterations in GDNF signaling
may contribute to the etiology of this devastating disease.....Mutations
or fuisions of c-ret have been associated with several types of cancer
including papillary thyroid carcinomas (PTC), multiple endocrine
neoplasia type 2 (MEN2), pheochromocytoma, and parathyroid
hyperplasia....In at least some cases of oncogenic mutations, full
activation of the mutant receptor requires the presence of a GDNF
ligand, indicating that dimerization alone does not create an optimal
conformation for activation of the ret tyrosinbe kinase activity.'
(Reichardt LF, The Glial Cell-Derived Neurotrophic Factor Signaling
Pathway, Inborn Errors of Development: The Molecular Basis of Clinical
Disorders of Morphogenesis)

Medaka, Zebrafish and Xiphophorus are fish models for cancer including
previously-mentioned melanoma. Glial prunings will link to the new
Russian Roulette for skin cancer, with holes in the ozone:

Cutaneous Malignancies
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28215306

One has to be more centrist than centrist (Deleuze) for new clinical and
critical trajectories.

Zebrafish GDNF
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28467503

Regards, ML