[D-G] Schizoanalysis: Sharia and PTSD

Mike Lansing badger2 at mail2world.com
Mon Feb 20 18:25:36 PST 2017

'Since each of us were several, there was really quite a crowd.' (D&G)

By 'barbarians like us' is meant 'translators as barbarians,' that
'delirium' which may prompt one to place two different languages in
parallel to express the same sentence, which is not the same sentence.
We track this delire to Girard's mention of D&G, for it links to
terrorism on the sharia trajectory:

'What terrorism does is to replicate the contradictions of the state
toward violence. The State, as Laurent Dispot points out, is principally
an army and a justice system; the terrorist, "un justicier arme" (La
Machine a terreur p.58): "We have to take the "-ism" of terrorism
seriously: it is a system" (69). This systemic, machinelike dimension is
essential, for it designates an absence of will, of autonomously willing
agency, the illness of a will which I identify as desire, whose illness
is mimesis. I would say its essence is mimesis but for the fact that
mimesis contradicts any notion of essence, of any internal
self-sustaining identity. If there is a homology or structural
continuity between state sovereignty and secret agency, as between
deterrence and terrorism, it is because these forces are driven by the
same machine, the "desiring machine." This is how Deleuze and Guattari
designate human being, or being human, in the Anti-Oedipus, and this is
just why Girard views their antipsychoanalytic and ostensibly
emancipatory discourse as a "system of delirium."
(McKenna AJ, Violence and Difference: Girard, Derrida, and
Deconstruction pp. 168-9 Covert Action)