[D-G] Freud & an Oedipus Complex

Mike Lansing badger2 at mail2world.com
Sat Feb 18 16:05:02 PST 2017

Johnatan,

The 'shallow' in the brother-sister assemblage Deleuze suggests for a
father substitute resonates with inscription itself. Recalling that
'....graphism supplants the voice and induces a fictitious voice.' (AO,
p.188), D&G continue: '....The calabash of the excision is placed on the
body of the young woman. Furnished by the husband's lineage, the
calabash serves as a conductor for the voices of alliance; but the
graphism must be traced by a member of the young woman's clan'(ibid. pp.
188-9).

Regards, ML