[D-G] Deleuze-Guattari Digest, Vol 74, Issue 5

Dan Fineman dand at oxy.edu
Fri Apr 29 10:21:48 PDT 2011

I find this most excellent and central, and I wish I had more time now to
join this discussion fully. One can understand Deleuze by the question of
mathesis as central from his introduction to Montereggio in 1946 to WiP 45
years later and even his last, "A Life."  The mathesis of immersion is for
him life. In its activity of appreciation what is immanent acts while that
of science is the structure of regulation which has as its limit the
deductive and its construal of reference as assignment according to the
protocols of its currently dominant paradigm of registration and
experimentation. Badiou's misreading of D is the battle between these two
version of mathesis, B wishes for the Platonism of Knowledge while D offers
the ecology of the chaos we have.

dan