[D-G] Trying to locate specific quotes in Deleuze and Guattari

Chris Drohan chrisdrohan at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 5 04:19:52 PDT 2009

Not sure about the others, but I can help you with #3. It's in Expressionism in Philosophy:

Infinite essences
are distinguished through the attributes in which they find
expression, but are identified in the substance to which they relate.
We everywhere confront the necessity of distinguishing three terms:
substance which expresses itself, the attribute which expresses, and
the essence which is expressed. It is through attributes that essence
is distinguished from substance, but through essence that substance
is itself distinguished from attributes: a triad each of whose terms
serves as a middle term relating the two others, in three syllogisms
(Deleuze 2005: 27-28).

Yours,

Chris.

Please update your address book: I can now be reached only at doctordrohan at gmail.com