[D-G] Trying to locate specific quotes in Deleuze and Guattari

Peter Connolly pconnolly at unitec.ac.nz
Sun Oct 4 16:24:05 PDT 2009

I have been trying to find the locations in the writing by Deleuze
and Guattari (and commentators?) of the following:

1. where Deleuze says something to the effect that grasping the
difference between difference and diversity is difficult. I seem to
remember the phrase 'difficult distinction', but have not been able
to locate after very close examination of Difference and Repetition.

2. where Deleuze says something like the reintroduction of time into
thought is not the destruction of space but the 'spiritualising of
space' (am I imagining this phrase...it stuck in my head). I thought
it was also in D&R.

3. where Deleuze, Deleuze quoting Spinoza or a commentator says,
something like, there are three realms of expression....the world
expresses, representation re-expresses and something about actions
expressing/rexpressing. I feel that it was in Expressionism in
Philosophy but cannot find it.

4. a commentator. I think in a footnote, says that it is only in
Critical and Clinical and What is Philosophy? that affect is treated
by Deleuze/Guattari as an autonomous entity.

Would really appreciate any leads.

Peter