[D-G] 1949 Diss. on Spinoza and Vedanta

Mark Crosby Crosby_M at rocketmail.com
Fri Jan 16 18:23:06 PST 2009

The corner of my nest points north, Ruth, colder than a witch's goose! Still in the same civil service rut. Last night's dream: a little girl screaming in the corner on a mechanical loop. When I struggle to reach her, she giggles and whispers that "my vagina farted!" Andrea is getting ready to graduate, learning the hard way that it's unwise to TXT while driving in stop-&-go traffic..

As for reading, I barely have time to keep up with the SPECULATIVE HERESIES sprouting around the Web. As for books, much as I love the carnival whirlwind of Graham Harman's GUERRILLA METAPHYSICS and the demonic philosophy burried in Reza Negarestani's CYCLONOPEDIA, I find it hard to tunnel out the other side of such full-length books..

And then there's the news: local girl, Lexie Glover, continually escaping her house with no clothes, telling neighbors that her mother said she hadn't 'earned' the right to food or clothing. But, Social Services just kept calling the Police, who kept returning her to Mom because, you know, she's developmentally disabled. Mom finally couldn't stand the torture any more and dumped her in an icy creek to freeze..

And how synchronous is a book review in today's Post by Carolyn See (of Norah Vincent's VOLUNTARY MADNESS), who cannot see why there might be reasons to go off your meds ?

Googling "Hindu Sunyassen" returns ONLY a single hit (smells like Google censorship to me ;( Miriam Horn's NY Times review of Nancy Young's story of repeated bouts of cancer, trying to "apply for a joint degree in social work and pastoral ministry at Boston College, with the intention of working with the dying. The college turned her down, explaining, with no apparent irony, that 'she didn't have recent experience working with the target population'"!

There seems to be no time, and space is too crowded.. Mark