[D-G] affect

Chris Sartison sartison at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 13:53:52 PDT 2009

Uexküll is used in this book. Not sure if it's quite what you want.

Deleuze And the Unconscious (Continuum Studies in Continental Philosophy)
By Christian Kerslake

   * Publisher: Continuum International Publishing Group
   * Number Of Pages: 246
   * Publication Date: 2007-05-08
   * ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0826484883
   * ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780826484888
   * Binding: Hardcover

Book Description:

Deleuze and the Unconscious presents a groundbreaking and provocative
re-reading of the complex relationship between the disicpline of
psychoanalysis and the work of eminent philosopher Gilles Deleuze.
Beginning with an exploration of Deleuze's debt to Jungian psychology
and Bergson's view of the unconscious, the book goes on to argue for
the relevance for psychoanalytic theory of the major works, Difference
and Repetition and Logic of Sense. Kerslake concludes with an account
of Anti-Oedipus that shows it, in the light of what has gone before,
to be less an attack on psycholoanalysis per se, than an exposure of
specific failures in the systems of Freud and Lacan.

Rating: 4

Chritian Kerslake's book is an insightful look as to how Deleuze
created his theory of the unconcious. This book is important for
anyone who assumes that Deleuze can neatly be catagorized as
"post-structural". One of it's key features is Kerslake's outlining of
how Carl Jung's psychology has informed Deleuze's ideas. Jung's work
is often seen as merely structural and phenomenological but Deluze's
appropriation of Jung points to the fact that Jung's work had major
similarities such as the blurring of the subject/object paradigm, the
repetition of difference in individuation and more. Kerslake's work
will undoubtly have a profound effect on the way we understand
Deleuze, post-structuralism and Jung. In this way Kerslake follows in
the footsteps of Deleuze by repeating Deleuze's insights with an
attention to difference. This is important to note because just as
Deleuze redirects the dogma's of structuralism, phenomenology, and
transcendentalism, Kerslake radically reframes Deleuze through a
simple geneology. By including Jung's influence on Deleuze we can only
hope that many post-Jungian writers will some day temper their
bastardization of Jung, and that some later day post-structuralists
will stop making a polemics of discourse when they comfront that which
makes them feel uncomfortable.

here's a pdf of the book if you want it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ycnmyx27xmw