[D-G] Affect

mcnau at yorku.ca mcnau at yorku.ca
Mon Apr 20 19:15:19 PDT 2009

Greetings,

This is also an area I am interested in. Thanks Paul for the reference. I
haven't had a chance to look at this yet but our library has a copy.

I found on line, possibly through this list I can't remember now, a lecture by
Deleuze given at Vincennes "Transcripts on Spinoza's Concept of Affect"
transcribed and trans. also I imagine by Emilie and Julien Deleuze.
http://www.webdeleuze.com/php/sommaire.html

In this Deleuze unpacks Spinoza in a more systematic way but I still have
questions which I'd be grateful for feedback on. If affect is the 'ceaseless
variation of being' that Spinoza describes how do I make that intelligible? How
does one understand 'the force of existing or the power of acting' that Deleuze
attributes to affect?

best,
Susan