[D-G] michael hardt

filip fildh at gmx.net
Tue May 6 07:15:07 PDT 2008

hello harald, and every one else.

a small question,

since Bergson defines difference as internal difference, it looks to
me like he is grounding
being with a "power" to express itself, with the power to be ? (maybe
a bit dualistic formulated)

1)is this a correct interpretation
2)if this is true: it looks a lot like spinoza conatus
3)can you actually say that internal difference is actually effecient
causality ? it looks like that, but can you substitute these terms by
one and another ? or is there a slight /difference :-)
/4)if difference grounds the movement of being, i suppose it grounds
being. I don't think there is a raw material which needs some kind of
animating principle that would be called difference ? difference
grounds being, and all that being is: expressing itself.

5)These are some question i have from reading the first pages of
michael hardts book, i looks like i'm grasping bergson on a very
spinozian way. am i this wrong or are they really that close when it
comes to conatus and difference seen as a certain power that drives
being ?

thank you so much
greetings

ps: thanks alot harald on the heavy physcial explanation (i'm keeping
an eye on it, although i'm not able to grasp it all)