[D-G] conatus (addiing)

hwenk hwenk at web.de
Thu May 15 06:24:18 PDT 2008

Hello Filip,

I hope you had some nice Whitsun holidays.

Of course your recognition of the
medieval and Spinozistic content
of the "internal differance" of
Bergson
in the part of the Hardt book  is really brilliant.
A little warning not to get lost in
it maybe useful.
There are severe
 "differences in the ontologies"
of Bergson and Spinoza.

But probably you are already aware of it.

The cited Gueroult had the imprerssion,
Bergson did not grasp the authenic historical
Spinoza, although Bergson gave several courses on him.

The cite of Gueroult in the Appendix IX
treats the
philosophical heavy loaded question
of "vitlalism".
The "concious" experience of
one one's life by intuition starting from the substance.
This (concious) "life" is our conatus.

But that will be enough from Gueroult for a lot of  time.

Greetings

Harald Wenk

PS:
Machery wrote a whole book in french - "Hegel ou Spinoza" -
and Wim Klever an article on that theme
(Hegel and Spinoza) in dutch.