[D-G] observations

Andr=?ISO-8859-1?B?6SA=?=Lepecki atl1 at nyu.edu
Thu May 4 13:21:13 PDT 2006

A suggestion to Jamie Brassett on "improper" readings:

There is an interesting Portuguese philosopher, José Gil, whose early
writings were about developing a philosophy of political anthropology and
who more recently has been writing on visual arts and dance. Most of his
work is in French, but he has a fascinating book translated into English by
Minnesota University Press titled Metamorphoses of the Body. Gil's project
is quite refreshing, sometimes "improperly" navigating the Deleuzian and
Guattarian plane (because of Gil's recuperation of phenomenology
particularly in his writings on painting) while remaining in deep dialogue
with the D+G plane. In an book anthology titled A shock to Thought (edited
by Massumi) he has an essay on the dancer's body as plane of immanence --
really crucial to think about the energetics of the bwo.

Hope you enjoy

A.