[D-G] observations

Dr Jamie Brassett j.brassett at csm.arts.ac.uk
Thu May 4 10:03:31 PDT 2006

Well, for want of appearing to retire into silence after having
critiqued NZ's volubility, I'd like to ask some questions that, maybe,
the list can help me navigate...

Like I mentioned, I've been out of some 'serious' philosophical study
for a while & am a bit unsure of where some D+G-related thinking is
going. My references to Bachelard & Wordsworth were somewhat ironic, on
reflection, as I've been feeling philosophical prison doors closing
around me too, over recent years. I've been wrapping myself in
familiar, 'proper' D+Gish thinkers: Spinoza, DeLanda, Cioran,
Nietzsche, Bataille, Stengers, blahblahblah; or novelists Vonnegut,
Hasek...; but need something new. An old friend & colleague (also a D+G
head) has been getting into A.N.Whitehead, with whose work I'm
completely unfamiliar; can anyone give me any pointers?

Anyone/thing else?

Dr Jamie Brassett FRSA
Senior Lecturer
Programme Leader, Contextual Studies for
   BA (Hons.) Product Design
___
Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design
Southampton Row
LONDON
WC1B 4AP
___