[D-G] Fwd: Re: DG Archives : Reading Group

Liza Kozner liza_kozner at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 17:59:26 PST 2006

Moby Dick is Satan. It is God who has sent Satan to Mankind because it was crowded with evil. The prophet appears to Queegeg in Nantucket to warn off the sailors not to embark. The prophet is a Jew, he is there to protect mankind from it's mistakes. Queegeg is Palestinian and commits suicide. Melville knew the situation in the Middle East he went to Jerusalem.

adline vanlindenbergh <bisouxnoursfast at fastmail.fm> wrote:

Death is the end of the BWO.

I think we should posit a subcategory with issues of BwO answering
death. Death as the crossing between one dead BwO.
Death to answer Deleuze saying : "You have to know your intensities".
Death To BwO functions
as a fatale object, a fascination. Cfr Moby Dick and Ahab's run. The
zone wherin Ahab is attracted
is a Death Zone, by proximity to Moby Dick. But I don't seem to
understand what Moby Dick is symbolizing. The sailors are destroyed, the
ship is destroyed by it.
Where lay Melville child becoming? Is it not interesting that Kids read
Moby Dick at the age of going to school?
It's one of the first book taught in the US. School is linked to death,
also, because school is Prison (cfr Foucault). There must be a crime,
and even if it is virtual, before you enter school. Moby Dick at least
provides the trick to understand what is your crime. Moby Dick is
essentially dealing with criminality anyhow.

Regds
Adline
--
adline vanlindenbergh