[D-G] deleuze and benjamin on violence

Nicholas Kiersey nkiersey at vt.edu
Mon Feb 27 07:29:41 PST 2006

Dear D&G folks:

Having read Deleuze and Guattari a bit on nomadism and the concept of
the war machine some time back, I am today reading Agamben on
Benjamin's notion of a 'pure violence' that undermines sovereignty by
virtue of the "simple fact of its exteriority".

Can someone tell me if they share my feeling that there is a
resonance between the war machine and benjamin's pure violence? Has
this been explored? Is there somewhere Agamben elaborates on this in
detail?

Perhaps someone more involved in these literatures might be able to
shed some light?

Thanks,

NiK