[D-G] deleuze and benjamin on violence

hwenk hwenk at web.de
Thu Apr 27 02:44:47 PDT 2006

Hello,

what i expressed in my last email is that you say
you want to discusss and get new
opinions and to understand me.
But in your email praxis I find things
which in conventional terms erxpress and do the opposit.
A if I   ananswered your question, instead of
taking that up you change the theme and perhaps, as in the email
indicated, start to  ironize that.

As a reader of Deleuze and Guattari you certainly know that
this is the structure of illmaking - especially schizophrenizing -
expressions of feelings and thinking.
As Nietzsche had put  it:
"You may lie with the words, but the face you make is still telling the
truth".
This in a discussion group concerning Deleuze and Guattari is very puzzling
and unexpected.

So I discussed a lot the theme of violence,
arguing in a most selfcontended and for everyone understandable way.
In my eyes I gave standard arguments which are shared of almost all,
esecially academic educated people.

But until now I still don't know why these arguments are overrun or play no
role and
 what you think about pure violence and what benefit
you imagine it could bring in our  concrete political or a private
situation.

The essay of Benjamin has a lot of aspects, even if it is read.
So which one in what interpretaion is meant?

greetings Harald Wenk