[D-G] theater Brian Massumi

Liza Kozner liza_kozner at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 18:09:46 PDT 2005

Hi Luke.

It's yesterday I am being pissed off yesterday cause of the character of the message giving importance in a way to the commentators, and this is like a scale or a pyramid, and it makes the list passive, stagnant, if the plane of consistency of the list is elswhere, and the commentators and Deleuze inspired groups spills over emanently on this space which should remain a space of production and research.

I think Julia's intro is a new type of input in the list, where artist could have a say in their actions, and folding it back on Massumi is inappropriate, in that it's a rehassling of old stuffs or new stuffs, i just have a feeling it was not "in the momentum" of the, there is a sense that there is a momentum, and that the list needs to, not to be an aggregate or a sum a whole neither, but that at least something is active and we're not ghost in the shells or outside their shells.

what do you think? you did not answer. don't you think Massumi and Delanda and these people are not interesting if you are interested in Deleuze and Guattari? That its something different, an different element, something you can touch which, something which can be a nod of alternative crystalization of subjectivity? And Massumi is not, for they are only interested by sharing their psychosis in the gaze of the Deleuzian modernist public? Not sure but my impression to me seems so evident.

Liza

Luke Feast <lukefeast at gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

has an essay on an Australian performance artist Stelarc, in
his book Parables for the Virtual, might be worth a look at.

Massumi, Brian. *Parables for the virtual: movement, affect, sensation*,
Durham, NC, Duke University Press, 2002 pp. 89-132

also www.stelarc.va.com.au

--
Luke Feast
MDes candidate