[D-G] To Reply

Mike Lansing badger2 at mail2world.com
Thu Jun 3 17:57:19 PDT 2021

There is much content you have written in previous messages, and so will work backwards from Japanese subjectivity. Guattari’s Japanese subjectivity is mass-produced, D&G say: ‘The desire of a theory and its propositions should stick as closely as possible to the event and the expression of the masses. To achieve this, we must knit a new breed of intellectual, a new breed of analyst, a new breed of militant: blending the different types and running them together. We started with the idea that desire must not be conceived as a subjective superstructure that is more or less occluded. Desire never stops investing history, even in its darkest periods.’
(Desert Islands and Other Texts, Deleuze and Guattari Fight Back)

One could read this excerpt in many ways, though for Japan, “running them together” is Guttari’s take on the Japanese subject, who uses hight-tech melded with the almost prehistoric. This reminds Mike of Guattari’s suggestion that “what comes after can change what came before” in L’inconscient machinique. The Japanese subject could come to be interested, rather than not giving a fuck, once they thought it
was (in style [italics]).

They would have to see a mass movement along these lines, though they hold great potential for the