[D-G] State cartesian cogito and spinozist conjurations in times of Doubt

Johnatan Petterson internet.petterson at gmail.com
Sat May 23 08:25:50 PDT 2020

hi Sylvia,

found this French-written article which might come up as interesting to you
(soon).

https://books.openedition.org/editionscnrs/16268?lang=fr&fbclid=IwAR3RyUI35kUAcwThVFShrf9rvffSvqu_upqrsyFHiBmS-lkIaxDaT2eWawU

it explores how mind attacked by inadequate ideas resist to empirical
grounds of refutation of a complotist theory which has attacked the weak
minded society
(for example: is Obama a muslim?, or is 9/11 an artifact of the Pentagon?)

now, during the covid19 crises, the cartesian mindset endured a blow:
the state power apparatus (ex.Macron in France) delegated some of its
authority and some of its understanding about how to cope with the crisis,
to the scientific communities.
most of the press followed the executive iin this move.
the state apparatus is weaker because relying on cartesian faith rather
than spinozist tenacity (Spinoza's Ethics are difficult, perhaps less
optimistic than Renée Descartes's)
but the scientific community is divided, (for example between allopathic
and homeopathic medicinal tendencies)
perhaps the scientific community which relies on doubt, relies on
inadequate ideas, and is weaker, and it was a bit dangerous for the (
French ) state to delegate some of its authority to the scientific opinion?
I am sorry to come back to this but it seems that D.Trump administration
was for this reason, more reluctant to delegate any "signifier"  authority
in a way to Le Dehors, an Outside
to the american apparatus. (be it China, or OMS, etc)

in France the state apparatus mostly (because Spinozist Ethics are so
difficult even if more grounded in the singular) relies on the cartesian
"reasonable" people : those who are the educated citizens,
those who are "meant" to resist to complotist theories...
instead, those like the Trump audience, or the complotists who are even
weaker in the mind and who have not developped a "pseudo-spinozist" rigor
and ability to
form one's own  adequate ideas "about" the utility of the French State
apparatus, they will oppose the Institutions and other official medicinal
guidance of practice and
observation of strictest doubt-proof methods to see thru the covid 19
virus. An even weaker subject, not capable to doubt its society or its
community for this reason: the Trump rebel has become, and a subject prone
to paranoid influence: it shall absorbs vast quantities of electronic data
or imaging  intensities.
(henri bergson saw doubt as a weakness)
that is how Didier Raoult has been able to conjugate his rebel sensitivity
with the one of the yellow jackets (gilets jaunes) to promote
Hydroxychlorocine as an alternative "object-data" treatment,
competing well with the relatively weak official treatments of cartesian
medicine.

another cure , thence, to inadequate ideas instead comes from Deleuze and
Guattari  and their apraisal of "chaos" : according to this option,
only thru "chaos" will lure up the adequate ideas in a society. the
empirical ground is found only after a relative chaotic experience.

that is why my guesses are perhaps the theoretical "chaos", or relative
"chaos" of the covid19 as it happened this spring 2020 , shall in a near
future incorporate in a "Form - Bank" more adequate vision(s) onto the
society in which
we live.

perhaps indeed,  interesting the observation by Deleuze and Guattari that
the cameleon metamorphic nomad machine of artistic chaos be left in a
condition
of exteriority ("au Dehors", to the outside): it should be like a living
symbiotic organism working out the magic of its powerful schizo-analysis
right outside, a magical soul inside the cartesian cogito,  like a captured
vacuole, producing  in the vicinity of the cartesian state, the apparatus
citizen critical structures,
 when the latter  relies on the weight of a fragile _temporary_ faith, and
a relatively weak mindset to coordinate data between the internet citizens.

metamorphosis, artistic chaos, means here more consistancy given to the
chaos experienced during the march april may 2020 covid crises.
perhaps the experience of  a-consistant chaos by the internet communicative
society during the monthes of march april and may 2020 should instead be
studied by the citizen like one takes homeopathic small doses, to restore
health and adequate ideas to the organism.

thence perhaps the covid19 chaos at once reproduced in an artificial light
, in isolation, will show the aesthetics behind the minds of the citizens :
transparent  skins that we share together as the prescient data of a better
cartography of the world we live in.

best regards to all and sundry

Johnatan