[D-G] EU Macron: EU Sovereignty interview in The Economist

Johnatan Petterson internet.petterson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 16:47:46 PST 2019

ok, i understand EU Sovereignty can be shocking to a deleuzian reader from
the US perspective
as well if the day after Macron's declaration Pompeo showed destabilizing
signs against
Macron's leaning on Russia by threatening with Nato both China and Russia

(Russia said Macron's discourse was golden syrup)

i am not sure we would need to go into Levbvbre if this one is using
Kantian non representative categories and the likes

from my experience on the deleuze list i think the reader will oppose any
"Striatedness" with full swing from the american war machine to this attempt
from Macron to assert his vision IN France and IN europe mainly against the
followism of his German allies.

Macron is a "philosopher" who read Paul Ricoeur (a guy whom DG categorized
as a strong idealist in AO)
and he tries hard to avoid everything run amock: just imagine the left did
a "manifestation" against islamophobie
(defined by organizers as hatred against the muslims) at the same time the
whole planet tends to divide itself in more offensive
terminology between non affiliated and extreme right.

somehow Macron represents the sensible intelligentsia who doesn't want a
general fight or "chaos" and perhaps prefers Kant
over the mass delirium to come

i think there is some reason for an intellectual based in the US to take
interest to join a vision on sharing ideas on or
of Sovereignty who might who knows cross the Ocean
Toynbee talked about the Cities of Greece since long in alliances and
infightings and who later got reunited
under the Hellenic Roman (empire) Civilisation
same happened in China and Europe

but perhaps why not EU join USA
of course this takes time because EU is composed of more motley communal
fabric than US states and communities
so its just a matter of building something slowly century after century but
things go fast in a nomadic war machine
so mind-Vision can help

Sovereignty does not matter so much as non fragmentation of the mind:

who do you line up with in Paris: those who think that criticizing the
muslim veil is equal to "racism"
or those who want to throw them all to the ancient colonies

who talked about dis-crimination,
when the problem of 11 ex IS people stuck in Turkey coming back in EU cause
so much wonder ?

you cannot be detached, everyone has an opinion, only the philosopher is
the one who fights against
his or her own tendency @having "any"opinion this in order to first LEARN
her or his own Ideas Fabric.

now accomplished philosopher Macron is president, and later is ready to
Write (he communicated lately so)

Johnatan