[D-G] hypertext

Mike Lansing badger2 at mail2world.com
Thu Mar 14 08:18:25 PDT 2019

the notes below the Octave Line continue on for another octave on the
saxophone, ending at low A flat. The Octave Line itself can be used to
produce sheet music, thus eliminating four lines of the traditional
musical staff. Otherwise, it is a matter of using symbols for timing
and nuance, symbols that are placed either above or below the Octave
Line. This is a new approach for (all [italics]) musicians: expansion
of piano sheet music would simply add a line to represent the octaves
above or below the saxophone's range. The music is read as a language
is read, with letters instead of traditional musical symbols.