[D-G] D&G on Brexit

Mike Lansing badger2 at mail2world.com
Fri Jan 25 14:08:26 PST 2019

Chalk one up for D&G's atheism, and for Markova's (Russian Academy of
Sciences) writings on Deleuze!

22 Jan 2019 RFE RL Russian Academy Walks Back Honorary Degree for
Orthodox Patriarch
https://www.rferl.org/a/russian-academy-walks-back-honorary-degree-for-o
rthodox-patriarch/29724870.html
'....Following an outcry from its academics, the Russian Academy of
Sciences has decided to retract its decision to name the head of the
Russian Orthodox Church an honorary professor....the question....has
not been thoroughly thought out.'

In addition, the current negotiations between Putin and Japan's Abe
over disputed islands meshes to our ongoing development of a Japanese
alphabet (rather than a syllabary, which has relied on eye-straining
and confusing use of Chinese kanji characters): Putin's daughter is a
Japanese philologist. Thus, we are now perusing Markova's Russian texts
as well as Guattari's Machinic Eros: Writings on Japan.