[D-G] Deleuze and Guattari on Brexit

Mike Lansing badger2 at mail2world.com
Thu Jan 10 09:35:23 PST 2019

The question of superego is already schizoid. Either collective or a
singularity. This means that the perpetrator can rely on the polarity
with which to establish a supposedly valid argument.

Guattari, SC, p.31-2: 'The Maps of Subjectivity. Before going any
further with our examination of the cartographic possibilities opened
up by our four functors FTPhiU, we must ask ourselves about the status
of the present theoretical undertaking. Our principle concern is to
develop a conceptual framework that might protect schizoanalysis from
every temptation to give in to the ideal of scientificity that
ordinarily prevails in the 'psy' domains, like a collective Superego.
We will seek instead to find a foundation for it that will make it
similar to the aesthetic disciplines, by its mode of valorization, its
type of truth and its logic.'

Guattari's Figure 1.4 has Gulen's rump perched precisely at the
location in the diagram: 'territorial refuges for the repressed.' Gulen
seems to think he can rely on the deceptions built into the U.S.
Constitution due to prepositions such as "freedom of religion" in
variance to "freedom from religion," as well as the nieve, trusting
nature of the U.S. prisoners. In addition, Johnny Pett may wish to show
us where in the literature D&G contradict themselves against their
statement in ATP: 'The state always arises already formed.'

Ironically, it is in Jacques Lacan, Politics, Aesthetics, that Apollon
exposes the State as fundamentally terrorist.