[D-G] computers and society (in relation to cinema, science, and philosophy)

Mike Lansing badger2 at mail2world.com
Fri Sep 28 08:23:22 PDT 2018

The non-visual is exemplified in comparing guitar and piano players to
woodwind players. The latter (except perhaps for soprano sax) mostly
never had the luxury of being able to see where their fingers were
moving on their instrument. In learning a vocabulary, like learning an
orthography, a Japanese alphabet trumps the inherent orthographic
dilemma of Chinese: an alphabet reveals the consonants that were hidden
from the beginning due to a syllabary, which never has shown what a
consonant looks like standing on its own two feet because it is always
already coupled to a vowel. In conjunction with this developing
alphabet, we have linked it to a musical application for woodwind
players. Because there are basically twenty keys on a saxophone and
there are also basically twenty amino acids, the aminos can be assigned
to the sax keys according to their each-unique isoelectric points.
Thus, the arrangement looks like this:

Concert Pitch

E flat = R (arginine) (Insert Japanese alphabet instead of Chinese
characters.)
D = K (lysine)
C sharp = H (histidine)
C = P (proline)
....etc.

We did not know of the "Pi Piano" (Youtube) until we were already some
months into this development for music, but it is applicable for memory
retention because it uses a sense that normally does not get used when
reading scientific or medical texts. Tus, it is possible to study
Alzheimer's genes by also "playing" them. When we come to a mutation,
the "composer" certainly has the wherewithal to insert ominous-sounding
chords into the melody line, which has already been written by Nature.
And as we have discovered, the range of variability in these amino acid
melodies is as complex as radio waves. Fractals underlying heart
rhythms are another investigative trajectory.