[D-G] New (Philosdoph) Developments on the Web

Johnatan Petterson internet.petterson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 16:23:44 PST 2017

 hi again.
.
(-Chaosmosis )IndianaUnivPress p50-:+--)<<the example of the pentatonic
musical refrain which, with only a few notes, catalyses the Debussyst
constellation of multiple Universes:

-- the Wagnerian Universe surrounding Parsifal, which attaches itself to
the existential Territory constituted by Bayreuth;

-- the Universe of Gregorian chant;

-- that of French music, with the return to favour of Rameau and Couperin;

-- that of Chopin, due to a nationalist transposition (Ravel, for his part,
appropriating Liszt);

-- the Javanese music Debussy discovered at the Universal Exposition of
1889:
-- the world of Manet and Mallarmé, which is associated with Debussy's stay
at the Villa Médicis.

in relation to my lastpost on drawing's procedurality, i was just reminded
towards this Chaosmosis passage.
(Guattari mentioned how ATM cash machines a-signifying point signs may
trigger themselves (one day?) into ontic Universes.
&he gives the Debussys Universe as an example of that)-

I am wondering how the Drawing Procedural post I had sent yesterday and
this passage in Chaosmosis could soon echo-stick one into the other,
.

(my) random notes: -- "Parsifal Universe" refers in Guattari's mind, to a
notion of Territory & Earth (before-the-root)
          -- "Gregorian" may refer either to history of musicology (a root)
          -- "..Rameau-Couperin.." contemporaneous layer into a musical
Phylum.
          -- "Chopin" some geo-politic (flowers & thorns) in music
          --  "Javanese" might b linked 2 a BWO.
          -- music relation w other arts.

so, (Debussyst)"constellation" is the collection of the latter[s] as
(multiple)  (or    ontic  )     "Universes".

honestly do You in your opinion think that Guattari is being procedural in
that (de)-composition of Debussy?
 he says it will catalyse "with only a few notes", how far is that true?
could we wonder to be allowed to ask for the reproducibility of the
truth embedded in this statement,
at each play of a few notes of pentatonic Debussy??
what is the "ontic" of music, do they some how relate to the VanGogh's/DG
dashes?

regards,
Johnatan.

: