[D-G] Freud and an Oedipus Complex

Mike Lansing badger2 at mail2world.com
Tue Feb 21 17:47:45 PST 2017

D&G don't say that eye-pain was the flipside of fascism, though we did
first see the notion on the D&G list somewhere. We believe it was first
linked to Pasquinelli's essay:

Libidinal Parasites: Netporn and the Machinic Excess
matteopasquinelli.com/docs/Pasquinelli_Libidinal_Parasites.pdf

Exchangist pathologies are mentioned along with Pasquinelli, here:

Communism of Capital
https://wiki.p2pfoundation.net/Communism_of_Capital
'....The Becoming Rent of Profit....Pasquinelli....'

How the eye-pain machine reproduced itself, regardless of the original
source. Victims of terror experience the flipside of the hedonism
described here:

'And what is his pain if not a pleasure for the eye that regards it, the
collective or divine eye that is not motivated by any idea of revenge,
but is alone capable of grasping the subtle relationship between the
sign engraved in the body and the voice issuing from a face -- between
the mark and the mask. Between these two elements of the code, pain is
like the surplus value that the eye extracts, taking hold of the effect
of active speech on the body, but also of the reaction of the body
insofar as it is acted upon.'
(AO, p. 189)

What is the value at the point of exchange? One trajectory on Benjamin
is in Hardt and Negri's Empire, though Guattari interjects that....

'no universal hermeneutics or political programming will be able to
claim to translate them any longer, set them in equivalence, or remote
control them so as to finally extract a common element easily
exploitable by capitalistic systems. A signifier does not decidedly
represent schizoanalytic subjectivity for another signifier!'
(MU p.197)