[D-G] On Schizophrenia

Teresa Mayne teresa.mayne at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 16:06:18 PST 2011

I'm sorry that I couldn't resist putting my two-sense in this discussion.
Super Dragon while I think that your experience with you colleague is
wonderful, I don't think it is all that common.  My mother was
schizophrenic and she was the most rational person that I have to this day
ever known, but that rationality seemed to be a curse.  Newspapers were
plastered on every wall with chunks highlighted; there were never ending
questions on everything you could imagine and it wouldn't matter what the
violent, I think now that I had time to reflect on it, it was out of
frustration - frustration that she had no rest, frustration that she was
surrounded by clones that only had the faces of her kidnapped children.  She
was an artist, she loved ancient greek literature and she at times could be
very warm.  Anyways that is not from the DSM - that is from life.  While I
do think that the positive qualities of schizophrenia are extremely
valuable, I would not wish that life on my worst enemy.

--Tree

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Julia Barclay <julia.barclay at googlemail.com