[D-G] Fwd: melods: prelude

Edmund Zagorin multiplicit at gmail.com
Tue May 25 21:26:08 PDT 2010

Dear Friends + Colleagues,

For the past two years I have been working on a manuscript for a book of
fiction-philosophy about a scientist who studies the civilizations of
hypothetical creatures variously exiled by the governments of space, time,
causation or language.

I am now nearing completion of this early attempt. However, I realize that
with my own lack of credentials, the precipitous decline of academic
publishing, and the highly competitive orthodoxy of such selections and so
on, that this text is unlikely to ever find an available venue for
publication in which it could encounter an audience.

Therefore, I have decided to release the text “melods: illicit taxonomies”
in serial form, to a distribution network consisting of people whom I either
know personally, respect professionally, or believe might otherwise be
susceptible to piqued interest [e.g. d-g listserv]. However, since most of
you have busy schedules with precious little time for extra reading (and
certainly more preeminent candidates for allocation of that scarce
commodity) I have decided to serialize recordings of each chapter read out
loud, downloadable to iTunes, and therefore iPoddable for added mobile and
multitasking convenience. If you have time some day give it a listen.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, criticism, or
to unsubscribe from receiving the following chapters or further communiques.
For those interested in reading the actual text, please email me for a pdf
of each chapter as it is released.

Sendspace download link here:
 http://www.sendspace.com/file/pu9253

Best,