[D-G] hello

Mark Crosby Crosby_M at rocketmail.com
Sat May 22 14:19:03 PDT 2010

Glad you're still with us, Chris! I check your blog (ABSOLUTE DEVIATION POETICS) now and then. Your photos remind me of the theme of Jane Bennett's VIBRANT MATTER. Speaking of which, there's a cross-blog reading group of Bennett's book that begins tomorrow. Adrian at IMMANENCE has the schedule, here: http://aivakhiv.blog.uvm.edu/2010/05/vibrant_matter_reading_group.html for those who might be interested.

Speaking of photography, just read a review of Paul Emmanuel's TRANSITIONS series (showing through Aug 22 at the Smithsonian National Museum of African Art) and how he employs an unusual technique, using "a razor-sharp blade to incise tiny lines in the black surface of exposed photographic photographic paper". His series documents "masculine rites of passage", such as circumcision and military head-shaving..
Best, Mark