[D-G] Visual Aids in Deleuze's Cinema Lectures...?

Jonathan Knapp jonathanaknapp at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 13:35:47 PST 2009

Hello,

Hopefully most of you know about the "La voix de Gilles Deleuze" website,
found here: http://www.univ-paris8.fr/deleuze/
It's a wonderful resource.

I am listening to Deleuze's lectures on Cinema (which he gave from the fall
of 1981 through to the beginning of 1985, and which can be found
here<http://www.univ-paris8.fr/deleuze/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=8>)
and I'm wondering if anyone knows if Deleuze used any sort of visual aid
during his classes.  It's well known that the cinema books have no stills
from the films he glosses - was his classroom practice the same?
Additionally, did he require his students to attend screenings of certain
movies, and if so, which ones?

If you know the answers to any of these questions, I'd really appreciate it
if you'd share your information, and, when possible, supply documentation or
point me in the direction of your sources.

Thank you very much,

Jonathan Knapp