[D-G] all things indian

Paul adrian Bains pbains at xtra.co.nz
Sat Jan 17 14:11:14 PST 2009

>No need to be sorry-I am not!
I guessed you'd say that...I was going to put 'smile' after the sorry.

Louis Malle made a 9hr doco on India: 'Phantom India' in the 70's. There is a bit on Aurosville.
The other place that seems to never die is Osho's ashram in Poona. This is the guy who had the largest collection of Rolls in the world. They were all ultimately sold to a texas car dealer. His 'followers' built a 10km road on the ranch in the US so he could drive around...I have heard this explained as a zen critique of materialism....lol

Peter Brook's production of the Mahabharata is also worth a look if you are into the indian (I think there must be a dvd version).

I always had a soft spot for Gurdjieff, 'Life is only real then, when "I am".' The book is downloadable at:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/word_secret_directory/docs%2F392485.pdf?Signature=56jdhcbbQyRcBUwZvm7BUm6Segs%3D&Expires=1232229829&AWSAccessKeyId=0QDQ3FGYV5Q7TY85W4R2

The book was published by his scheming relatives, shouldn't have been, it is an  unfinished work, but I like the title. His main thing was of course 'the movements.'

cheers,
P.