[Deleuze-Guattari] waffling, again...

Wouter Kusters C.W.Kusters at let.ru.nl
Sun Sep 9 00:17:36 PDT 2007

Hi james, ruth and other list members,

That is interesting work you do there at the NHS, Ruth. In a way you could
say that you apply Deleuze's work in your occupational business. So far I
have not yet come, since I wonder, how, working there - would you see a
difference between a patient you treat, an actual human being - and a Body
without Organs?

I think it is very hard to conclude to such a piece-meal difference, and I
get the impression that there is something more to that. When we look, for
example at the work of Dr.Schreber and we relate that to that which is done
by Deleuze & Guattari themselves, I miss some kind of fourth component, i
would like to know more about that, reading Deleuze and Guattari. For those
who read, besides English and German, Dutch I would recommend my personal
web page on philosophy, on which some articles can be found on these
affairs: http://home.wanadoo.nl/wku/Philosophy/filowaan.htm

What I would not like, then, is the bitty sense of humour, the mocking on
you with neologisms, etc. For those I would recommend reading the more
bearable stuff when that would be allowed in-there, and for instance, try to
smuggle in, Thomas Pynchon's work: Gravity's Rainbow, and see how he
elaborates on those days. For NHS workers who separate suffereres from
psychosis from their enivironmet, i would wonder why in-there the more heavy
books reading-them, are frowned upon with some suspicion.

wku, have a nice day