[Deleuze-Guattari] sabotage may be stopped

Wouter Kusters C.W.Kusters at let.ru.nl
Thu Sep 6 11:53:52 PDT 2007

> Dear Dr. Wenk,
>
> "What interests us are the circumstances."
> D&G, ATP

Merci beaucoup, Del&G.

> Why are artists drawn to D&G?
> And why to academics dislike artistic
> intervention in their discours?
> Nomos vs. logos, open vs. closed.

Probably, - as a writer - you may invent names. You may invent: Characters,
persons, and nearly-living stories. Inside those stories, a certain history
is told.
However, as a person, who reads, you are both open to a book, to consume its
content, but - in another way - also closed to a book, since it is only a
book. For instance, either a fiction book, a history book, or a
philosophical book.

Perhaps, non-writing artists are interested in commentaries on their work.
These non-writing artists - may be - sense that their creative products are
a combination of both "Writing & Reading". However, to get assistance by
letting their artistic energies flow or fly, they ask written advice. Help
theM!

> When the rhizome grows a knot,
> sever it and let it regenerate. This
> list has been reincarnated, wiped
> clean, and now awaits new growth.

> The problem with the past is that
> artistic intervention has always been
> negatively motivated. D&G are not
> about destruction.

In D&G I see a resemblance with what Peter Sloterdijk's criticism is, on
what he calls: "Mangeldenken." In English this may be translated as
"thinking-from-out-of-your-mind,
motivated-by-an-experienced-lack-somewhere." A lack, or a black hole, that
seemingly creates something, but which by way of ressentiment, or jealousy
towards those (french feminine phenomenologists, for instance) who do
create - like Hannah Arendt or Adorno - turns into a bitter undertone. I
feel sorry when I see people in a state of bitterness. (But, perhaps, that
may just only be one out of four tastes, would David Hume say).

> "The modus operandi of nomad thought
> is affirmation, even when its apparent object
> is negative. Force is not to be confused with
> power. Force arrives from outside to break
> constraints and open new vistas. Power builds
> walls." D&G, ATP
>
> ... some thoughts.

WK, hasta la vista