[D-G] Deleuze, electronic music and Deleuzian theory of body

.+oot8am wakeup dr.crawboney at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 18:55:00 PDT 2007

Hi,

I would recommend tracking down the informal talks between Deleuze and
Pinhas from 1977. These talks are great, since Pinhas' electronic
music project Heldon inspired such direct implication for the
discussion.

However, about these particular papers... they seem to be gone from
Pinhas' webdelzeuze.com, they are fine translations, I hope they are
not gone for good. [If they are found could you please post a link for
me in this email-list, thank you.]

So, here is another link to the 2nd part of it... but its really the
first part that sets up the disscussion around a standard
dialectical-materialist frame and what follows in part 2 is of more
the same, its great.... the "pulse" which territorializes the aion
flow of the dancer's experience is explained in part.
These 3 main modes of territorialism, incl. collage, can be found in
modern electronic music and linked to blacksmith's who forged
instruments for Handel's brass compositions.

Deleuze & Pinhas discussion on music:

http://www.uam.es/ra/sin/pensamiento/deleuze/onmusic.htm

- (look on google for a better copy maybe?)

-> Somebody wrote a paper about it here:

http://www.echo.ucla.edu/Volume3-Issue1/smithmurphy/deleuze_and_guattari.pdf.

Also, I think hwenk is about ready for a major tantric experience
regarding uncontrollable bodily functions for dancing. Even some of
the most individualist thinkers like to get up off their seats and
dance to the funky beats. We are never alone and we are never silent
(I am speaking for all yogi masters here) and it is a real question
about the particular yogic life of the rhizome, it is very imaginable
isn't it? I think even Spinoza encouraged the individualist thinker to
seek identity with the social body, this is the simplicity of
hegemony. hwenk's business with the yoga self is such a very external
experience where we all participate here; its pushing and pulling
muscles, a way to create a social body, mostly because of this tantra
tantra.

der crawboney