[Deleuze-Guattari] The Wound (Deleuze)

hwenk hwenk at web.de
Thu Aug 9 02:30:28 PDT 2007

Hello Mr. Bale,

in his foreword to the
american edition of "difference and repetitio",
Deleuze declared the cahpter three: "image of thought"
as the most "necessary and most concrte"
introduction to his other books, aos that
of the one with Felix Guattari.

In a nutshell:
Pain at first, hat and love force to think, solving problems.
Ther is a part, a fram,e, a transcendal part, formed to
very intensive anfd hard exeperience which gives thes
categoreis
of the abilities of percepting, recognition and acting.
That is "transcendal empirism".
Under this viewpoint, reecogintion, ceativity, making more fine and
intrensiv
and changing the frame - cases: destroy the frame (partly) and change
the relations of the abilties, every ability is egositic in some way.

The classical "making order out of chaos",
bring the brain chemistry an the formed
brain, by memory and categories,
"harmonic" together, so
that happiness, joy and more inner and
ability of acting, understanding and percepting
are develppoed.
This is the Appolinian way.
But the reding  of the chapter is not to dispense with.

In some people or groups, this "subjectivations"
go "wrong", leading to hard frictions or splits,
cases mentioned by Guattari in the first chapter of
chasomosis are the reconserative islamic movements
and the repression of students in China.

The most striking is that he sees correctly, that much more
subjectivation is there, the experience
that things can be changed by subjective grops is
very common.
The belief and experience of "eternal" or "everlasting"
social laws or circumstances fades away.

greetings Harald Wenk