[Deleuze-Guattari] The Wound (Deleuze)

hwenk hwenk at web.de
Fri Aug 3 13:19:35 PDT 2007

Hello Tina,

there is a new French edition from 1996,
but I didn't found any translation (here in Germany) - like you, probably.
The text is the last of Deleuze being published,
and it is indeed very abstract.

I don't know what you are doing,
but "the wound" is a reference in a the last footnote where
the connection between virtuality and
happenings(?) has been elaborated and concretised.

In a first order approximation
one could see virtualities as
dream/perception/thinking(all together, mixed, and differentiating while
"living") - with emotion from the
conscious side. But what is happening on the object side?
A wound is subjective and objective (from medicine).
The wound has also some objective subjective reality,
to speak so, as for some  to have a wound is
in certain limits the same, or recognizable - also understandable,
also to have a wound is do much subjective that you are
brought back sometimes to the
pure life, which is mentioned as example,
even if a bad guy is going to die,
one tries to help.

But, as I pointed out,
I don't what you want.
Even dreaming of a wound has its objective "effects"
or thinking of a wound - even if you never get one.
I am not trying to speak ex cathedra as
canonical interpretation. Its my own in responding you after reading the
text.

But texts so abstract as this one from Deleuze are best
understood to connect it
to from experience or
possible experience - what is also the theme of
the text itself.

So, maybe the question: Working on Deleuze without speaking French?
Without any loss?
This is for sure  possible on a B.A. level.
So, to summarize - I am not aware of a translation of
Bousquet and I  think to read
another book of him is not so
helpful in understand the text of Deleuze.
Maybe you look in Difference and repetition
or also in Duns Scot himself - keeping the wound in mind.
But the text of Sartre is also very important for Deleuze,
he quotes it in central passages in "what is philosophy".

But, I don't what you know or try to do.

Greetings Harald Wenk