[D-G] proust and paris

Rick Dolphijn dolphijn at fhk.eur.nl
Wed May 24 02:52:04 PDT 2006

Dear Friends,
As a consequence of the radical reconstruction of Paris in the
nineteenth century, Marcel Proust thought this might cause a future
people to emerge that speaks a foreign language. At least, so says John
Rajmann in his /Constructions/ (great book by the way). I guess he
refers to a passage in the /Recherche/, but he has not added a footnote
so I have no idea where this might be found. It is quite some work to
read the entire novel all over again (that is an understatement), so I
hope one of you knows where I can find this reference...
Kind Regards,
Rick Dolphijn