[D-G] Re: grammar used by Pretzel

NZ pretzelworld at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 23:28:44 PDT 2005

bacchus grammar?
capitalism loves grammar,whence markets, rhetoric, etc...
bill cosby's disdain for ebonix, the grammafication of slang.

grammar is just so easy to take advantage of. so often because of
grammar rather than subject (or object) are detentional ideas born.
even the peculiar grammar of various sensory inputs of the mind is an
easy target... like, persistance of vision, part of the grammar of
sight which allows us to watch tv.

but i suppose you meant a more conservative grammar,
the grammar of language. there is the US republican-conservative
agenda, with designers like Rove and the Carlyle Group who find a
mouthpiece with fox news and people like Safire (Nixon's
speechwriter). There are several on-line blogs devoted to unraveling
how these people directly use language grammar to mis-frame subjects.
In Safire's now classic "How Not to Write: The Essential Misrules of
Grammar", he coins the term "fumblerules," showing you how not to
break them -- and when, in special cases, you can.
have you seen "Sticks & Stones" yet?

but dont get me wrong, not all grammar is bad, I'm a big fan of the
declaritive case.