[D-G] the "virtual"

hwenk hwenk at web.de
Mon Jun 20 06:06:54 PDT 2005

Hello,

unfortunately I think in respect the virtual and creatipon, that the virtual
is a variant of the potential,
from the potential - act theory by Aristotle taken up by the scholatics.
As you know, by Parmenides a ceation ex nihilo was foreign to ancient greek
thinking,
including Plato, Aristotle the Stoa etc.
There has bee a lot of struggle from the early christians to
overcome this doctrin and in spite of that to integrate Plato and Aristotle
as prominent and
authorative (which meant a lot in the medieval times).
So, in my eyes, the virtual of Deleuze is not so much preformed as the
potential (including the final cause or teleos), nowadays broken down to the
possible (worlds) - as already expressed in the last email.

greetings Harald