[D-G] What is the difference between a schizo and a bad poet?

Jon Mendel jon_mendel at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 18 18:45:46 PST 2005

Hi,

I'd agree about an ambiguity (inc. in D&G) in terms of identity - war
machines, for example, seem to take on certain 'identities' (even if
these are just points they pass through) in constituting their
exteriority to the state...  In the global justice movement today (even
if you want to argue that it forms some kind of multitude) it still
seems that certain identities are taken up by activists and used in
their struggles, even if this is just to let them achieve further
democratisations of politics and of the movement/s - which often do just
perpetrate the existing political order/s, but needn't neccessarily.

Anyway, e-mails flying around (or the whisky...) remind me of
Lacan/Zizek again - arguing all the time about identity, about the
traumas of fascism, because there is no 'final word' that could put
these in their place; these accusations always orientate towards the
same (real?) place ;)

Jon