[D-G] to build by help, rhizome

Dr. Harald Wenk hwenk at web.de
Wed Apr 27 06:25:58 PDT 2005

Hello,

I thought everbody in this list knows, that one of the main features
of Deleuze and Guattari the principle of immanence, to cut off the
transcendental. This is done in  philosophy ba Spinoza, polemizing against
Aristotle's cause  of purpose (or target) and to maintain only the
effective cause.

Deleuze and Guattari adopted in a certain way the material cause and the
formal cause in the
double pince of expression (inspired by Hjelmsev) by form and material.

Now in differenetial geometry, in the conception of a manifiold, which
Deleuze and Guattari thought the rhizom to be one, is made in such way,
that the metric invariants are intrinsic. That means you need only
the measurements within the manifold. You don't need a space to be imbeded.
A surface is of dimesion two (n = 2), but it could only be imbeded in a
space with a dimension more, i.e. three (n+1).

Now in philosophy or everday discourse the supplementary dimension is the
metadiscourse.
So an argument is not answered directly, but by locating its function in
the metadiscourse, at worst by name dropping.

This is no good for any discussion, which is a merit of Deleuze and
Guattari to
have insisted on.

Therefore, as a rhizom is characterized by immanence, metadiscourses are
to avoid.

greetings

Harald

--