[D-G] eternal truth & states of affairs

Dewey Dell dewey.dell5 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 18:55:09 PDT 2019

dear Jonathan,

i guess Deleuze was just answering to
the critics who claimed he was a master of philosophy,
Deleuze correction implying the student of his philosophy was
not to feel obliged to follow his philosophy
as worshipers of the christian and muslim faith did:
as if there was a written law to which the faithful or a mysterious
'someone'
is obliged to submit to.

instead, the word 'eternal truth' appeals to the reader
of Deleuze's concepts ignorance:
according to Spinoza, so did Adam after taste of the fruit
of evil and good was, if one reads the words 'truth',
an aperitif to the consequence of the eating.

the ambiguity between evil and good has been noted by Spinoza.
it is a relief to notice this ambiguity and to profess it,
let Spinoza be applauded for it, publicly, for his discovery and profession

the mysterious reader of the law of truth was so convenient for instituting
religion

the mysterious reader of this law was inscribed within the text which
founded
religion as a warrant of the sins of the readers.

so much that when Deleuze removes necessity of morality,
he removes the master and the reader,
only remains immanence absolute