[D-G] Provocative Alloys

charles hubaker solntsepyati at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 19 14:04:29 PST 2014

Merci, Joseph. Guattari's machinic unconscious is on the cutting edge of modernity.

'....my son and myself have found, from the cavern Tuc d'Audobert, two superb statuettes in clay, about 60cm in length, absolutely unbroken, and representing bison....We produce the proof that in this period, all branches of art were cultivated.'
(Osborn HF, Men of the Old Stone Age)

This trajectory links to North America with the Winnebago buffalo hunt and to Japan via the use of catalpa. The heart-shaped image superimposed on the mammoth in Osborn's book we suggest is a catalpa leaf. See Blacker, The Catalpa Bow.

Regards,
CH