[D-G] attributes in Expressionism in Philosophy

Peter Connolly peterjohnconnolly at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 19:24:33 PDT 2011

Dear List,

In Expressionism in Philosophy there appears to be two notions of what
attributes are, most succinctly identified with the following two quotes:

1. "attributes are thus truly Words" (p.45, Zone edition)
2. "Such is not the case withattributes. We know of only two. Extension and
Thought" (p. 118, Zone edition)

The first suggests many particulars and the latter suggests two realms. In
relation to understanding how Deleuze-Spinoza conceive of expression, can
someone help me reconcile these or point to a discussion that does?

Peter