[D-G] Concepts seen as functions (malgosia askanas)

malgosia askanas ma at panix.com
Mon May 2 17:44:39 PDT 2011

But Rutger, if the virtual form of the letter A is, as you are
proposing, its encoding as a series of 0s and 1s, and its
actualization is its specific appearance on the computer screen, this
does not happen without: (1) a standard of digital encoding of the
Latin alphabet having been proposed, discussed, adopted and anounced;
(2) somebody writing and compiling the particular program running in
your computer; (3) electricity being supplied to your computer; (4)
your computer executing code; (5) your screen holding together as a
material object; etc., etc., etc. - all of which are energetic
processes!   No?

-m