[D-G] Books on Deleuze and Guattari after 2000

Cain, Prof. Jeffrey P. CainJ at sacredheart.edu
Sun Mar 13 13:02:52 PDT 2011

That would be great.  I'm working on a project now and think I have a reasonably good bibliography for it, but it certainly never hurts to check against something really authoritative.  Also, Charles, it is extremely interesting to read what you say about the chapters of Intersecting Lives of which you had some personal knowledge.  I'm only part way through the book myself, entirely an outsider, and have no way to  judge its accuracy.  Like Julia, I'm grateful just to have some knowledge of specifics. I have always had a certain slightly jejeune interest in the day-to-day lives of the people whose works I've studied--not very intellectually sophisticated, but I can't help it.  :-) One detail I found rather charming was that Guattari's nickname at La Borde was apparently "Speedy Guatt," because of his indefatigable drive and energy.  I can imagine him running around yelling at the nurses that it was their turn to do the dishes.  But then it couldn't have been "Speedy Guatt," must have been a French idiom for it, eh?

At any rate, one hopes there will be reviews of the work by those more in the know.

Jeffrey P. Cain, Ph.D.
Chair, Department of English HC221A
Sacred Heart University
Fairfield, Connecticut 06825
203.371.7810

"Philosophy's sole aim is to become worthy of the event. . . ."
                                                                      ----Gilles Deleuze & Felix Guattari, What is Philosophy? (1996)

Office Hours Spring 2011: Mondays 12:00-2:00; Wednesdays 12:00-2:00; Fridays 11:30-12:15